Monday, May 21, 2007

You Came to Town Like a Gift from God

Jason Falkner I'm Ok You're OkI'm just finishing up my first listen to Jason Falkner's new import-only-for-now album I'm Ok You're Ok and you won't be surprised to hear that I think it's amazing. He's noted that it's his most personal and stripped down record to date ("This is the record that would've cracked me had I been made of balsa wood but I am indeed human and I hope you all enjoy my homegrown efforts."), which I think is fairly evident. It even evokes Jeff Buckley at times, especially in the vocals. But by no means does Jason abandon the melodies and hooks we've come to expect. This is a great record that I'm sure will continue to grow on me. I got my copy from Not Lame and you should too because they're not.

No comments: