Monday, July 16, 2007

I Need to Look You in the Eye

I've decided that despite the lack of any real verified information, I will post this bit of "news" about Matthew Sweet's Rock Bottom 10th full-length album of original music.

I got to ask him when "Rock Bottom", his new album previewed on his MySpace space, actually comes out. He said it was only finished March 9th, and that the preview on the site was a joke and that he didn't expect his manager to post it. It has yet to be bought, label-wise, and probably won't come out until around September. It will probably not even be titled Rock Bottom, but it does have Richard Lloyd, Ivan Julian, and Greg Leisz playing on it.
I assume Warren is the same Anonymous who commented right here a few weeks back. Keep in mind that September is only two months away. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but until we hear word from Sweet himself or his management soon, I'll chalk this one up to another rumor getting my hopes up about one of my favorite artists.

Oh, and just for good measure, see photographic evidence of this guy's encounter right here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I, Warren, was indeed that anonymous fellow. And guess what? They've changed their minds. I'm devastated. The myspace page has a blog that now says "early 2008."

Sigh.